View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 06:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Hi Lara,

Just what I needed to hear. I've been doing some major soul-searching the past month. I met a dear, dear friend/neighbor and we've gotten close over the past month or so, sharing our very similar backgrounds and personalities. He is a survivor of suicide too. And we talk about what it means to be *us* and you all too.

Did you know that people who accept life, who are open to it, who understand it fully, are more susceptible to drugs, alcohol, and depression? (I didn't make it up, research shows this, and I am a researcher )That's because we don't live in denial and repress our surroundings and what life has offered us. It means we have been challenged. We understand the world isn't perfect, isn't even fair. We are more sensitive beings. <3

That is all my soapbox has to offer tonight. I've been fighting and struggling the past few months. Not suicide or anything like that, but depressive thoughts making it hard each day. But it's because I am learning and accepting my life. You just can't have it all. *hugs*

I hope you all are surviving. Never surrender, so I was told.
hsiw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (11-18-2012), Alffe (11-19-2012), barbo (11-18-2012), Koala77 (11-19-2012)