Thread: Bad Day
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 09:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Same boat here.. this will be my first holiday since my fall. Already trying to figure out how to manage Christmas. Mostly its quiet here, no little kids and very little family, but just before Christmas, my parents come to visit for a weekend.

They were here in May and it was way too much and it took a long time to recover from that. I don't want it to happen again and I'm trying to figure out how to tell them not to come, but its hard when you only see them twice a year and they live 6 hours away.

They don't get the whole brain injury thing and when I try to explain anything, they would rather just lecture me on how stupid it was for me to get injured in the first place. I'm 41 for goodness sake, no need to lecture me!!

Crying seems to be a part of the whole thing... I was never a crier before, but now... gah. Its embarrassing.

Best of luck... we just have to keep holding on... that's all I am doing right now... holding on until something changes... things always change eventually and while that's not usually comforting, when you're at the bottom of the pit, its very good news.

Starr
"Starr" is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abel_in_Fl (11-18-2012)