View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 11:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Friend wants to fix me

I have this friend that called me today and she told me all the things I needed to do to fix myself. She told me to quit eating fruit, wheat, sugar, and milk products. For some reason she thinks this will heal me. I don't touch any milk products any how, and I don't much crave sugar. I don't have celiac disease so I don't think I should cut out all wheat, and there is no logical reason that I can think of in cutting out fruit. She has some kind of autoimmune problem relating to her stomach and I think that she assumes all autoimmune diseases should be treated equal and with the same type of treatment. I know she is trying to help, but sometimes it's frustrating when people assume that I'll get better by changing my diet. She even suggested I quit taking Mestinon and I explained to her that Mestinon is helping me a lot. I've only recently started taking Mestinon and had to adjust the dose but now I'm doing things that I couldn't do for a long time, but I still have limitations and I need to figure out how far I can push myself.

I am overweight, but it's inflammation. My c reactive protein was high on my last test. I don't eat much at all and when I made an effort at taking an exercise class this past summer, I collapsed and couldn't move my lower body for a few minutes and my legs were extremely wobbly when I finally stood up.

Another friend thinks that I should be more active and can't understand why I'm not. People that know me, know that I've always been active, and now that I'm not they try to push me to do things that aren't best for me.

How do you all handle it when people want to fix you?
Quandry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote