Thread: Bad Day
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 12:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sara,

Sorry you are having a rough day. Many of us do understand the rough day, followed by another rough day. For a while in 2010 if felt as if some cruel person was booking me in all day meetings with the rough day committee.

I had no relief until I sucked up my pride and accepted the findings and recommendations of my neurologist saying that the MRI, MRA, etc. were all good and that my brain just needed some time to heal, and that most doseages of Nortriptyline starts at 20mg but that an increase might be the case until they find the right dose that cuts the headache, and that I could take ginger caps for the dizziness. Everybodies doseage is different, like everyone's concussion is different.

People don't understand what it's like. I never did before my own injury. I often tell people it's like this. If they've ever had a little too much to drink, that sometimes the symptoms are like that. Exactly like that. Dizziness, headache, mood, inability to clearly think. They often then get the picture.

My holidays were short with family, especially my family. Sometime I why aren't they on meds! (Just kidding~). Limit your time to stressful surroundings, be able to get to a quiet place when you need to to rest your brain.

It is hard when part of our brain knows and is aware of the fact that another part of our brain is just not working as we are familiar with. It's not fun, we want that 'normal' back. We understand.

Mike

December 15, 2009: Major surgery due to diverticulitis. 6 weeks after surgery, dizziness, fog, cognitive difficulty, anxiety, some panic, lots of headache. These symptoms largely gone, but still cannot exercise above a very low threshold otherwise resulting in severe headache and cognitive fog. Same for overwhelming odors.

Meds: Nortriptyline and Naratriptan as needed to rid severe headaches (exertional migraines).
PCS Mikey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Theta Z (11-19-2012)