View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 01:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Attention Ulnar nerve damage, and pain relief help??

Ok so this is a follow up. My left arm, (in elbow) was damaged form a bad venipuncture(blood draw). My doctor put me on Gabapentin 100mg 3x's a day and short term Tramadol 50mg 2xs a day for pain relief. The Gabapentin did help a bit with the pain, but the side effects are SO severe that I had to quit taking it. The side effects were interfering with work and home life to a huge extent. The Tramadol doesn't really help the actual pain just muddles my brain so it's not quite as intense. It's changed from the stabbing burning pain to a constant and i do mean CONSTANT intense throbbing achy tight feeling pain, that I can not ignore. I'm finally get a new script of tramadol for pain today after a week of calling doc to get help. But, I know it's just going to barely mask to problems! I have started taking a Vitamin D and Glucosamine and chondroitin vitamin regiment for the past 3 weeks......they've had -0- effect for pain relief. I am starting to reach the end of my rope. I don;t know what I can do or ask my doctor. I don;t want to be "drug-seeking" but should I try and see another doctor? My PCP doesn't seem to be understanding my level of pain and extreme exhaustion in dealing with this pain............HELP. I seriously can't take this much longer......
CRPSsongbird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote