View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 02:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang0227 View Post
puraqua is what i drink. mainly cuz its $2.50 for a case of 24 bottles and also i go to aldi to buy other things so i get the water while im there. great water. dont know if it has fluoride. hope not though.
This is helpful. I researched PurAua it's what I've been drinking over the last 3 days. I'm not saying that I can't have a glass of tap water anymore, but more so -I have to either get a filter to rid most of the fluoride out, or simply drink bottled water. I learned that most "Puried" water does not have fluoride in it and that includes PurAqua, too. Though it does now have some trace sodium in it - nothing alarming from what I know.

I stumbled upon this since I have been feeling worse over the last week and noticed I was drinking lots of tap water to help with my prostate issues.

My issue is that like many others that have been "floxed" by fluoroquinolones antibiotics, ingesting ANYTHING with fluoride is probably not a smart thing. I hadn't known that Chicago was way up there among cities with the most fluoride added to tap water - if so, I would have started drinking purified water a long time ago.

It makes me think that the vast amount of water I drank since then might have slowed down my healing process. But this is probably just my Paranoia. Still, better safe than sorry.

I once thought that fluoride in our water was a good thing, but it hurts people in many ways, especially developing children. I learned that one of the biggest reasons the state is reducing fluoride is due to some condition that children have been recently getting where their teeth show blotch marks on them, due to drinking fluoride in water.

My daughter-in-law is going to give me a water filter, as she drinks mostly bottled water anyway (she has thyroid problems and for years prefers NOT to drink tap water) I don't know if a filter will take out the fluoride, but I figured it's better than NOT having it. Between drinking purified bottled water & the filter, I feel I should have made an improvement as far as my water consumption goes.

I'm not sure if drinking tap water is all that bad for us - certainly maybe not for NORMAL people. But for people with a Cipro or fluoroquinolone toxicity problem, I feel it's particular bad and should be avoided. What sucks is that fluoride is in the most essential things needed in life...water and we don't have a choice in it.

To mrsD:
I had a concern about the slowmag I'm taking: I'm now taking the pill a few hours after I take my B12 and other vitamins, because I was thinking that maybe the Magnesium might be canceling-out or nullifying some of the other vitamins if I take them together.

Does magnesium cancel-out other vitamins when taken together?
Jesse M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote