View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 02:44 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Lynney,

Cracked teeth can be a chronic problem depending on where and how big the crack is. Sometimes a crown will fix the problem but if the crack is in the root structure, a crown will have no effect on it. Root canaling a cracked tooth does not solve the problem it just exacerbates it. Total waste of money.

If you are having chronic sinus issues... it could be related to this tooth. The fact that the tooth bothers you more when you lay down can be indicative of sinus involvement. What did the dental xray of this area show? Can you post it here?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynney View Post
I've just joined this forum, but not sure if it is still 'live'. I really hope so!

Bryanna - your posts have been so informative, and I've spent the last couple of hours reading all the old messages. I feel much more confident with my visit to the dentist this afternoon.

I have had an ongoing 'niggle' with a cracked tooth for 8 years. I have had it refilled twice, and several months ago an overlay was added, but still I have the minor discomfort and reaction to cold liquids. I notice it more when lying down but that could be because I'm not distracted!

I have just had a consultation with ENT because of ongoing sinus issues. I'm referred for an MRI next, as he couldn't find any evidence of sinusitis, but I can feel the throbbing in my upper molar radiating up into my face. I have had repeated sinus infections. I also have post nasal drip.

I now wish to have the tooth extracted, but would it be best to have a cone beam CT scan to check the root/sinus area first? Or will the MRI reveal enough information about the tooth as well as the sinuses?

Fingers crossed you are still around.
Thanks again
Lynney
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote