View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 04:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos View Post
I am currently on only 300mg 2xday because the side effects sucked and I needed to function, I am the breadwinner, my husband is a SAHD and is trying to work doing computer repair, it's only a little here and there, so I have to stay alert and not foggy at work.

I've been on this since July and when I take my pill in the morning, I can feel the side effects a little still through mid-day, that kind of semi-high feeling I'm sure you all know. So I'm thinking I can't really add more during the day while I'm at work.

Is there a good way to space out the doses, and increase it, so it won't affect my workday? I know my body is getting used to it, I assume, and I need to up the dosage. If I gradually increase it to 600mg at night, will that only help at night? I have read many of you end up having to take them in 4 hr intervals. That really sucks.

I'm also REALLY bad at taking pills, when I'm supposed to take them. Yes, I could set an alarm. Right now I have to take Levothyroxine for my thyroid, and I'm still working on getting the right dosage. My thyroid is NOT related to my nerve damage, which was caused by a 2nd/3rd degree burn to the tailbone (the thyroid is off because of the trauma). Also taking 300mg Wellbutrin.

I did try another drug, an tricyclic antidepressant starting with a D, but I didn't like the way it made me feel.

ALSO
I've noticed the past few days my toes and up a few inches into my feet are killing me when they're cold. They actually felt wet the other day. I've been trying to keep them warm, but it's not easy. Walking around in my Uggs a lot. It's making me kind of afraid to go out and do anything this Winter, like ice skating with my daughter. Any tips for this??
I"m trying to get a referral to a neuro for ulnar nerve damage. My PCP had me on 100mg of gabapentin (neurontin)3x's a day. I had to stop taking it my body did NOT get used to it at all! That foggy feeling never went away and on top of that initial extreme drowsiness when I took it at night I would lay there for HOURS trying to fall asleep. Until I talk to a Neuro I don't know what else to do either, it's hard when we are the bread-winning moms huh?
CRPSsongbird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote