View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 04:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Chris,

I'm just posting because we're in similar situations. I'm 21 (f) and got a concussion 37 days ago playing rugby. I'm also a full time student in my last year at a rigorous college, and I should be finishing up classes and writing a thesis right now, but that's not happening.

Have you talked to your professors about taking an incomplete for this semester? I finally did that this week and it took a huge load of stress off of my shoulders. Now I'm mainly focusing on "resting" as opposed to trying to force myself through school work. I'm hoping that I'll be better come January and can get everything done then.

And yeah, this sucks. It -will- get better. After four weeks I was finally able to watch an entire rugby game. Five weeks I can use the computer for about as long as I want without a headache, but I'm still having trouble reading print for long periods of time. Driving at night still sucks.

Not working out sucks, too. I went from being the most fit player on my team to doing NOTHING all day. I suggest you take baby steps. Walking my dogs for a few hours each day seems to help. I'm going to try some light cardio this week. I think I'm going to have to quit rugby and play touch rugby with the local old men's club until I graduate.

It sucks, but at least there's another young person who knows what you're going through!
SillyRugger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote