Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshuamr View Post
I'm confused.I went to a vascular surgeon today and they performed a ultrasound test which revealed no venous or arterial TOS. He said its possible that I have NTOS, but unlikely. He said that if the space of the thoracic outlet was large enough to not cause venous or arterial TOS it was unlikely that I had neurological compression. I was under the impression that NTOS was the most common syndrome presenting alone without venous or arterial. if thats the case, his statement would then be wrong? One of my symptoms is, upon elevation of my arm my fingers "lock up" and I am unable to open them until I lower my arm. He said he had never seen TOS present this way, and dismissed it as some other neurological disorder. He said I would have to see a neurologist to make those calls though. So I guess I'm left in further confusion yet again. Has anyone had a negative ultrasound with a positive NTOS diagnosis? And did everyone have to go to a vascular and neurologist separately to rule out the different types of TOS? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
Have you had EMG, x rays & MRIs, of all possible areas of concern, to rule out other possible factors?

Expert Physical therapy? Chiropractic?
Maybe a possible entrapped nerve that can be manually relseased?
My chiro adjusted my wrist, elbows, top rib, knee, foot, shoulder.. whenever I had a specific problem and needed those addressed.