View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 12:19 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Rugger,

You sure are awful early in your recovery for be losing hope. You are barely 5 weeks post concussion. If you spend some time getting quiet rest and good nutrition and support, things may change quickly.

From your description of the head impacts during that same game, I assume you have suffered plenty of previous head impacts both of a concussive variety and sub-concussive variety during your career playing rugby. Do/did you also play other contact sports like soccer, basketball, football, etc?

It will help if you start a nutritional supplement regimen to help your brain flush out the toxins from the injury and then strengthen so it can try to repair damaged tissues. There is a thread title "vitamin supplements" with my recommendations. It takes a few months for nutrition to start to show changes. It primarily is just part of a recovery regimen.

Quiet rest is most important. This means limiting all stresses such as visual, sound, emotional, physical, cognitive, etc. You want just enough cognitive and other stimulation to provide for a consistent blood flow to your brain. It might be some light reading and a walk or such. If you normally lift weights to muscle fatigue, that should stop. It creates to much stress as muscle tissue breaks down to rebuild stronger.

Feel free to ask questions. There are lots of people with lots of experience here.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote