View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 08:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Osteo, Rheumy or other?

So long story short, I was in a high speed accident going on 7 years ago. I was severely injured top to bottom and quite frankly lucky to still be alive. Of those injuries I had multiple spinal injuries to my neck thoracic and low back.

The thing is my injuries are hiding what I believe to be a systemic disease as well. I have type II diabetes, it is intermittent and treated via diet and if I can, exercise.

I have bone spurring pretty much everywhere in my neck post surgery. I have it in my low back. I just had an MRI on my right shoulder and there is spurring (AC Joint) causing damage along with 3 tendons torn in my shoulder. They noted cystic like changes at the end of the bone associated it to degenerative changes.I tested positive for carpel tunnel in both hands (never had that prior to my last surgery, but that is another topic). I am chronically fatigued, and I go 2-3 days when I cannot get up off the couch and it doesn't matter if it is activity related or not. I can feel the weather usually 3 days before it gets here and I am NEVER wrong even when they say it isn't supposed to be so lol. Ice doesn't work, in fact it irritates it. I have just blown up another heating pad, makes number 14! I am positive for every trigger point associated with the fibro charts. My RF Factor came back high but not so high they said it is definitely that it was 17 btw. I have not been able to see a Rheumy due to insurance restrictions. These results are also with a extremely high dosage of NSAIDS.

IDK if it makes a difference but I am a 37 yo male. I would like to know what I should do at the doctors, what tests to suggest etc. I am seeing a neurologist, so maybe he can test for something my Primary Care Physcician cannot? Thoughts and opinions greatly appreciated!
gatorhead is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mg neck prob (12-06-2012)