View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 02:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
Maybe he was speaking from a purely surgical point of view?? To do surgery or not? Like- If real bad you get surgery & if not live with it sort of thing????

I'd have to refresh my anatomy knowledge to delve deeper, but basically I think there can be minor, partial, full to severe for all versions of TOS.

The cause, effects, length of time gone by, good or poor PT- all can vary so much person to person.

I feel if The Dr, or an associate (possibly an advanced PT person) don't do any hands on testing/palpation - I just think they are not fully up on things...

You have good imaging of the C rib?
Any other anomalies mentioned?
Was size or possible compression of anything mentioned?
Some are small/partial some are large/full.

Have you had any other Doppler or blood flow testing?
Seems like a vascular surgeon would want those....to be sure of things...
This was the same surgeon that said cervical rib resection was fun. She really rubbed me the wrong way and I did not feel comfortable asking for a Doppler; since we are both military I have to be careful how I respond so it doesn’t appear I'm being disrespectful. Spine ortho was impressed with the size of my cervical rib but saw no issues on my MRI. I have a f/u with vascular next week and I may just ask for a Doppler. What is the worst that can happen - send me to Cuba? LOL, already going!
Haute Mess is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote