Thread: Neurogenic TOS
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 05:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerPain4 View Post
Hi there,
Dr. Darren Schneider used to be in the Bay Area, CA, that is the region where I live now. He has an excellent reputation and is a very skilled surgeon. Now New Yorkers are so lucky to have him. Since he has not been in N.Y. state that long, he may not be in the W.C. system yet. I know that he accepted W.C. patients when he was the chief of vascular surgery for U.C.S.F. in CA. You might just call his office and ask.

As to your question about your functional limitations after surgery-- please get the best physical therapy AFTER your p.t., your doctor should prescribe it and push to have it authorized. I have heard that the better shape you are in before surgery the quicker your recovery will be. But some people with very narrow A to P chests could run a greater risk of damage because there is just not enough room.

There are risks to having TOS surgery, a risk of nerve damage. However not having surgery slowly damages the nerves too! Every person, every body is individual.

Also, I would not recommend Pec Minor release because it will result in a weaker pectoral area! If you are in law enforcement you need to be physically strong. Pec Minor cuts a muscle/tendon! Please get a thorough diagnostic workup to figure out how much of your problems are coming from "Pec Minor" impingement. Do not agree to get the Pec Minor until a doctor proves to you that it will help you.

I hope you are able to see Dr. Schneider!
Hey nerpain4 thanks for the info! I tried to make an appointment with Dr Schneider two weeks ago called the receptionist twice who said she would find out if he accepts WC, but she never got back to me. I made a bad decision I guess and went elsewhere. I am just confused as to which doctor to see next since Venous TOS and Arterial TOS have been ruled out at my last appointment ,but the vascular surgeon i saw told me he doesn't treat NTOS and told me to see a neurologist. So does anyone know if Dr Schneider would diagnose AND treat NTOS? Thanks for the reccomendation on pec minor.
Joshuamr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote