View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 07:08 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

There have been people here in the past but they may not be reading now.

This link from a doctor who actually measured absorption shows that 500mcg may give as much as 9.7 mcg absorbed. (ideally)
So that is about 2x RDA from food (animal sourced food).

Many of us keep our levels at 1000 or more.
So you must be absorbing something from that 500mcg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse M View Post
Thanks -I did not know that, I will look out for that, too. As of now, I'm just drinking purified water bottles -they are certainly cheap enough and the types I drink both PurAqua and "Just the Basics" don't have fluoride in them.

As for the magnesium - I guess I'm doing the right thing by taking it later in the day rather than the morning when I take the rest of my vitamins.

Here's a thought of mine though: I've been taking B12 500 MCG for over 4 months, every single day. But when I had my screening it was "Vitamin B12 926.00 h pg/mL" I thought it would be -or should be higher, considering I've been taking B12 (and still do) at 500 MCG per day. I don't take the Methylcolbamine version -it's too dang hard to find and I can't get it from the net either - since I don't buy anything on-line.

So I've been taking the Cyanocobalamin type. The sublingual type with a bit of magnesium stearate.

Also, does anyone on this thread have PN (Peripheral Neuropathy) from From Cipro or any other drugs? Just curious.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote