View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 08:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMILY ANDERSON View Post
I was wondering if anyone had any pain relief ideas until my doctors appt in 11-30-12 The Tramadol is laughable at best for making any real difference in mobility or daily doings. I've been icing but can't do that 24/7 I really am hurting and just kind of don't know what I can do.....
I haves pinched nerves at wrists and elbows in addition to my other neuropathies. The first flare up was the worst, I really do believe that you get used to this level of pain, crazy as it sounds don't automatically assume it will always be this bad.

The more accounts like yours I read the more fortunate I feel that gabapentin not only helps me, but also that I have few side effects. It certainly doesn't cover all the pain, and I take oxycodone, 7.5 mg every 4-6 hours. It does allow me to get some housework done. I am not working and can't imagine doing so in my condition, but I am still homeschooling my youngest.

If tramadol doesn't help at all than oxycodone or other opiates may not either,
but they are often very helpful, and they are very safe drugs, with a long history. I agree with you about anti-depressants. They have far more side effects than many opiates, but they are often combined with opiates and anti-seizure meds for chronic pain.
Susanne C. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote