View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 09:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks so much Annie..I really appreciate you!!!

It wasn't bad at all, the only thing that remotely hurt was the F wave test of the NCV.. EVERYTHING was negative.... even the needle EMG.. which is what I was MOST nervous about.. I feel confident that a year later a clear EMG rules out the really really bad stuff - pheeew!!!! That is most of my anxiety!

The dr didn't seem to think that repetitive stim shows a lot of positives on MG patients.. he said that he has had many many confirmed MG patients with stone cold normal repetitive stims.. and with me having IVIG only 2 weeks ago, it wasn't a shock that it was negative he said.... so they are going to talk to my attending on the case and go from there.. I am just so thankful that it is over with.. and the needle part is clean.. though I wouldn't have minded the repetitive stim test giving me some answers.. I asked about LEMS.. and he said that they really didn't test specifically for that.. that they do that in a different location and more zaps.. that its quite different.. though my amplitude looked good in the first place, making them think LEMS isn't as likely (though again - ivig could mess that up).... so for now I celebrate big time! Thanks so much for your support.. it truly means a lot!
bny806 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote