View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 08:27 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegleg View Post
This sure sounds like a potential answer to my dilemma. Diagnosed for 18 years, I have bad dyskinesia. And my nervousness (which I never hsad previously) and emotional lability just adds more dyskinesia.

It appears to be not only another delivery method for dopamine, but possibly a better drug to penetrate the blood brain barrier.

Quoting from release:
ND0612 is based on a proprietary sub-cutaneous levodopa/carbidopa drug formulation that bypasses the digestive tract. It continuously delivers levodopa to achieve straight-line and clinically-significant levodopa blood levels. It also delivers subcutaneous carbidopa to improve the bioavailability of oral levodopa. ND0612 is being developed for administration as an adjunct to oral levodopa via a subcutaneous delivery patch as a new treatment and intervention option in Parkinson's disease treatment. It should reduce off-time and improve the management of motor fluctuations even in patients under the best current standard of care with oral levodopa therapy.

Just a word of caution, however. This is only Phase I and look where the sponsoring company is located - (sigh)
Peg
hopefully the "poor man's" duodopa.
if you look at their website, they don't even mention this patch, they do mention ND0611 which is cabidopa patch.
http://www.neuroderm.com/index.html
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pegleg (11-21-2012)