View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 07:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default "Dying to Be Me" by Anita Moorjani (OT, kind of)

I am hesitant to share this book I am reading because I don't want anyone to think that if they just believed this or that more fervently, more sincerely, etc., they would heal. That is not what this book is about.

What this book is about, is her recovery from (rather suddenly, too, from stage 4 lymphatic cancer to no sign of cancer a week after her near death experience) and discovery of, an awareness that has apparently healed her of a cancer that came as close to ending her life as you can get. I don't want to spoil the book in case anyone wants to read it, but I mention it because her personality seems to fit so many of those with PD:

people pleasers, not wanting to disappoint others, putting others first (ahead of yourself usually, to your detriment), perfectionists, you all know too well!

So many histories that have been shared here on this forum resemble that of this author. While you may not buy her belief of why she got cancer, I can't help but think we could all benefit from her realization that without our love of self, we are not whole, and are more prone to illness.

Again, I don't want to spoil the book in case anyone wants to read it. I'd like to hear what others think about this book, for those that read it.
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
moondaughter (11-28-2012)