Thread: Battery Life
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 06:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default battery life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiney95 View Post
When I saw the surgeon last week, he said the battery for the addaptive interstim. lasted five years. I am guessing that he is assuming this is because you buzz 24/7 with the device making the appropriate adjustments as one changes position or activity. I, too, will be a butt buzzer. The belly is totally off limits in his opinion. All of my weight gain has been in that area. He believes that once I am up on my feet, standing errect and walking again, the core will begin to strengthen and the belly will become smaller. My posture is currently rather bizzare due to compensating for the pain when in an upright position. Looking forward to lots of postive changes in the future.
good morning Spiney,
I too carry belly fat...I am very pleased with my battery in the center (a bit to the r) of my Right butt cheek.

Rae...I only "buzz" 12 out of 24....maybe 5 out of 7days and have it programed @720 upright and @620 laying down...it is set it and forget it. The doc and rep both think my Medtronic Adaptive Stim Battery should last 9 years.

I have just begun my positive changes now that I have an "all ok" from the surgeon and 4 xrays that I looked at.... So just now the thought comes to my head that since viewing the xrays and seeing it in me...I have a "kinder" attitude towards it...interesting...hmmm.
I am looking forward again too!!
all my best
Being Light & Love
Johanna*
Hannabananna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (11-22-2012), eva5667faliure (11-23-2012), Mark56 (11-22-2012), Rrae (11-24-2012)