View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 02:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aest View Post
Hi. I've read the pages in this thread but I didn't find the answer I was looking for. So I registered to ask the question.

I been tapping down Lyrica for the past 4 months. I was taking a quite large dose, 750mg a day for 5 months.
A few weeks ago I was down at 100mg a day then started taking off 25mg each week instead of 50mg each week. I'm now at 25mg a day and will stop taking them completely on thursday.

Question, how long should it take to feel recovered once I'm down at 0mg?

My doctor says 12 hours but I highly disagree, as he even claimed that Lyrica was a peace a cake to come off if not noticeable at all..

Thanks!
I would count on about 4-7 months. I am at about 7 now and doing pretty good, totally clean of everything, no sleep aid, etc... I messed around with lyrica tapering for about one month, first 450 to 300mg, then 150 daily for a week then 50 daily for a few days, then I just quit and dove face first into the withdrawal. sounds like you are doing pretty good though, so maybe it will be different for you. nice job tapering! what a nightmare, as I read through the posts I've made, in retrospect, it's hard to remember the degree of suffering i experienced, nice to be reminded of how far i've come--Dear lyrica diary, lol...
quitlyricalive is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote