View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 06:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi MrsMac, No you are not crazy, but RSD will and does do crazy things to us. I was just at the DR. this morning and one of my problems is sleep, or I should say lack of sleep. Sometimes I can't stand for my toes to touch the sheets and my back is going into muscle spasms and my arm hurts and the muscles in my leg start cramping along with what feels like bee stings in my foot etc etc. I work all day so I should just fall into bed and not wake up until the next morning. Even when I have a day off the pain is still there. My eyes are so swollen I just look out of tiny slots in the morning.
My RSD is from an auto accident. I know about 10 min. after the accident something was wrong with my hand. I had a fractured sternum, but my hand was swollen on fire and full of PAIN. They could not find one thing wrong with my hand-not at the hospital, not at the Dr. office the following week not after months of PT. Finally a sports Dr. looked at my records and told me what was wrong. Over a year later. I have dystonia in the hand now, but I made it work by using it everyday. I get botox in it to keep the fingers from digging into my palm. All in all I am lucky to have found a wonderful DR. that knows how to treat RSD.
Please do not ever feel you are crazy, believe me I had to pay $90. an hour to find out I wasn't I just did not know who I was with all the strange stuff going on and no one known what was wrong. Of course, if insurance is a factor you are just making it all up. Right- how can you make up something so awful Hugs, Carose
carose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote