View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 07:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Nobody can predict whether you will continue to recover, and if you do, how long it will take. Nobody.

I recommend working on accepting your uncertain situation and looking for ways to work around your problems. If you're having anxiety, then perhaps it would help to see a therapist who specializes in anxiety. But it sounds like you're clinging way too hard to your "normal" life and trying to get it back. This is making you worse off both physically and psychologically. It is time to start letting go and accepting your limitations--whether they're only temporary or not. You need to adapt yourself to a new set of circumstances.

I'm almost two years out and I'm nowhere near recovery. I have no idea whether I will ever "fully" recover, or even if I will ever improve beyond the point I'm at now. But I know that there is very little chance that I will ever get my "normal" life back. I have to live with that and do the best I can with what I still have.
Mark in Idaho (11-22-2012), rmschaver (11-24-2012), Theta Z (11-22-2012)