View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 06:53 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I didn't post about this yet but I suppose I should. Jackie took my chin strap saturday morning/afternoon after being told no more food. It's always food with him. Anyway I had the mask and hose in my lock box with a padlock on it. I didn't take the chin strap and left it on the dresser, so during the day at some point he hid it, I think it was somewhere in the walk in closet.

Thing is he refused to acknowledge that he's done a thing, he's acting like all oblivious to it all, the night goes by without my chin strap so no machine use. I was sure it was in the garbage, that somehow it had gotten by me. I was resolved to buy a new one today, but as it turns out he responded to something, a bribe, Jack came up with the idea and we both told him numerous times, making gestures about our heads like my chinny strap has to be worn...

"Jackie, if you bring back Mommy's chin strap, her chin strap, bring it back and you can go in the pool today..."

Ten minutes go by he's still acting a little oblivious, but once no one was looking he ducked in the walk in and dug out the thing and replaced it on my dresser! Acting like it had been there all along and wasn't I just NOT seeing it? He manipulated the situation, so now Chinny strap is in my big tool box sized lock box is. I roll out here in my chair to the table, and open it (keys are always worn around my neck, I sleep with my keys...You have to around this autistic child, CONSTANT chain of custudy of objects...

That is the way things have to play out here in my house. So it might sound a little odd that I lock up my hose, mask and strap, but to keep the kiddo off it, it's the only way. It's working now where it was just out of control before and he was going in there turning it on and doing things with it. I don't like him pressing all the buttons. But I love my machine, he leaves that alone pretty much, but the hose and mask WITH the machine spell trouble...LOL!

Pamster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote