View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 12:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default 2 Concussions

I also have the same problems. I have had them for about 8 years, since my last concussion. My breathing is not painful, it is just short, as if I need to yawn but end up gasping. I will have these symptoms for months at a time, varying day to day on severity. I have a tight feeling in my upper chest from my sternum to my upper throat.

I have had two concussions, one when I was a baby, the other 8 years ago when I was hit by a car.

When I went to find out what my breathing problem was, we found that I had no allergies, I did not have asthma, and they assumed I have VCD (Vocal Cord Dysfunction). However none of the treatments I have been given to make the breathing problems go away have been working. In all honesty the more I think about them the more often it happen, so yay Mr. Brain.

I have noticed that humidity, or just rapid weather changes, can trigger an episode. Where as cold air calms my breathing. I have been searching the internet tonight just to see if there were any better reasons I may be having these symptoms from, and found this report. I will bring it up with my physician thank you for all of your reports helping me find out my problem.
BreathingProblems is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote