View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 12:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default low C02 levels and RSD?

Hey everyone,

I just had some rountine blood work and noticed that when the results came back, my C02 level was borderline low. I also looked back at previous blood tests and it has either been low and below normal or borderline low. Does anyone know if this correlates with RSD at all or does anyone else have this same problem? If so what do you do about it? I came across the information on the web and found it rather interesting. Sounds like it might be contributing to RSD.

"Since modern people breathe about twice more, they have less CO2 in the brains, but carbon dioxide is crucial for stability and normal work of nerves.
CO2 is also called a tranquillizer (or sedative) of nerve cells. Normal CO2 concentrations create conditions for the normal work of the nervous system. While hypocapnia (low CO2 level) is one of the most common breathing disorders in the sick and it naturally leading to anxiety. When considering the effects of carbon dioxide deficiency on the nerve cells, he stated, “Studies designed to determine the effects produced by hyperventilation on nerve and muscle have been consistent in their finding on increased irritability” (Brown, 1953). Muscles and nerve cells become abnormally sensitive or irritated.In 1965 the Journal of Physiology (another leading physiological magazine) published the article titled "Cortical CO2 tension and neuronal excitability". It was shown that CO2 has a strong calming effect on excessive excitability of brain areas responsibHence, instead of normal perception and stability, which is characterized by objective reflection and analysis of reality, the brain starts to generate its own “spontaneous and asynchronous” ideas, projects, explanations, and interpretations of real events. Moreover, an excited brain can create problems that, in reality, do not exist.
http://www.normalbreathing.com/CO2-s...p#.UK-2waXk60s

Any thoughts, opinions?
musicgirl757 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote