View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 01:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Small Fibre Neuropathy HELP PLEASE

Hi Everyone,

I have been looking through lots of posts and have been so inspired by all the help and support that has been given. So I thought I would try and post one too. I am 27 years old and have recently been told I have small fibre neuropathy. I have been having foot pain/problems for 18 months now and feel like my life is at a stand still. I dont know how to cope with the pain and discomfort I am in. I am now wating to see a neurologist but from what I have been reading I dont know how helpful that will be. My GP has given me amitriptyline which I take 40mg at night. I cannot work full time and currently work six hours a day and even that is such a struggle. I see a pysio twice a week just to be able to go to work. It sounds really bad but the only thing that helps with the pain is drinking! I try not to have to much but I know I am drinking way more than I should. I would just like to be able to live a bit again. For example go to see a movie on a weekend with out pain! I feel so alone and upset all the time and just dont know what to do. I now live in trainers so any footware advise would also be much appreciated along with any tips on how to reduce my pain/stiffness etc (i cant move my toes) please help!!
kjb85 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (11-24-2012), mg neck prob (11-29-2012)