View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 08:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default number two tooth and sinus

Hi there,
Just read a lot of the previous posts seems to be a lot of responses that make sense here. I learned a lot. six months ago I finally got to start going to the dentist to deal with my mouth, have chronic periodontal issues that had been put on the back burner due to other injury issues. I also started grinding and clenching while sleeping after being injured due to stress most likely. the dentist came up with a treatment plan that included root planing, injectable antibiotics and 3 teeth were slated for probable removal.
I have taken oral antibiotics last spring as well as now because of the number two molar mainly being infected, one of the ones slated for removal. It has been chronic and has gotten acutely painful, radiating up through my ear into my temple and down to my tonsil on that side. I also have swelling of the palate near that tooth as well as pus. I also have chronic sinus problems and headaches and didn't realize until I just read the posts here that they could be related. I called my dentist and they lined me up to have the tooth extracted within an hour of my call at a dentist I had never seen but I was kinda freaked out so I asked for antibiotics instead but they are not helping very much.
I am getting from your site here that I really need to get the tooth pulled for sure and soon. could you tell me what I should say to the dentist who does the extractions to make him aware that I may have sinus and or bone issues as well? I am very worried about this whole thing, I am supposed to have bariatric surgery next month and don't want to compromise that or my recovery. Thank you
terravue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote