View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 08:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Dan, thanks so much for you time and help,
In these past 7 months I have seen a neurologist who has put me on both Depakote and Maxalt, both of which made my symptoms worse and made me very moody, so I stopped taking both shortly after starting them. I have also seen an Acupuncturist. The acupuncture itself did not do much but he put me on two Chinese herbal supplements to help with PCS. Only one of these helped at all and it was very minor.

I have worked out lightly which seems to help the headache a little post workout, but if I workout too hard it gets worse. I have not had any diagnostics of my neck, could that be a factor?

I missed a week of school when I initially got my last concussion last April, but besides that I have not missed any school. I have kept a very active lifestyle with my friends and family with the exception of playing any sports, though I plan on playing baseball this coming spring.

I do not consume any caffeine or energy drinks, I'm sure I take some artificial sweeteners with my diet but just don't know it, and I did consume alcohol over the summer(around months 3 and 4), but my head would hurt so bad the next day I quickly stopped that all together.

The last concussion I received I believe was on a Friday of spring practice, it was very minor and I chose to ignore it. I continued to practice with it the next week, receiving blows that would daze me and my vision would go completely white for a second. These hits happened about once a day for 4 days, I was having bad headaches everyday that week and finally new something was wrong so I told my coach and took myself out. I know playing that whole week was very foolish and I kick myself all the time for it, but you have to understand I used to live for football. My doctors don't take into account that I received multiple hits while having a concussion but I am convinced that that is why I am still suffering today.

My general health if very good and I have not had my blood pressure tested for my worst headaches.

Mark, I can not thank you enough for your time and help, you have brought me great encouragement. Please keep posting as I struggle through this, you are a true blessing.

Thanks and God Bless
Dan Higgs96 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote