View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 09:22 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehouse View Post
I mentioned that above...its the power\monitor settings in the control panel....Windows has a default setting for all that. Those settings suck. Fiddle with them until it suits you.

The setting for for what happens when the 'lid is closed' is in the power settings for sure....
Okay, I found the option "when you close the lid". It is set to sleep (whether the laptop is plugged in or not). I thought about selecting hibernate, went on the internet and tried to figure out the difference but all I could get was that hibernate means it stores all the info in Ram so when I turn on the computer it loads faster.....that's not what I was trying to find out.

So right now when I close the lid, it makes a sound and when I come back and open the lid and hit the enter key (and sometimes I don't have to anything), it wakes up and everything is fine. So I'm not too worried about that.

What HAS changed (and this happened after I made the fonts a larger size so I could view things better) was that when I try and log off the internet, it does not recognize when I hit the X on the upper right. Now I have to go to the upper X and right click and I select CLOSE and then the Google chrome browser is gone and I'm looking at my desktop.

Before I changed the fonts all I had to do to exit was take my mouse and click on the X. Now it doesn't respond. I mean, I can still close the window but how come it doesn't let me hit the X on the right so I can go off the internet. I don't understand. Do you have any idea why this happened?

Thanks much, Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote