Old 11-23-2012, 09:35 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjb85 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I have been looking through lots of posts and have been so inspired by all the help and support that has been given. So I thought I would try and post one too. I am 27 years old and have recently been told I have small fibre neuropathy. I have been having foot pain/problems for 18 months now and feel like my life is at a stand still. I dont know how to cope with the pain and discomfort I am in. I am now wating to see a neurologist but from what I have been reading I dont know how helpful that will be. My GP has given me amitriptyline which I take 40mg at night. I cannot work full time and currently work six hours a day and even that is such a struggle. I see a pysio twice a week just to be able to go to work. It sounds really bad but the only thing that helps with the pain is drinking! I try not to have to much but I know I am drinking way more than I should. I would just like to be able to live a bit again. For example go to see a movie on a weekend with out pain! I feel so alone and upset all the time and just dont know what to do. I now live in trainers so any footware advise would also be much appreciated along with any tips on how to reduce my pain/stiffness etc (i cant move my toes) please help!!
Hi there and Welcome:

Who told you that you have small fiber neuropathy? Did you get a nerve conduction test? as well as the other tests? Do you have any conditions that you would care to share with us? Neuropathy is not fun, I know. But there are many different methods of relief. Some work better than others.

Do your feet burn? Any zips or zapping? My husband has had neuropathy for 20 years. Some days are better than others.

Oh another important thing is do you know your B-12 Level? You might haved a B-12 deficiency? Any recent blood work?

Did your podiatrist tell you that you have small fiber neuropathy?

The more info you can share, the more the others will chime in and give you great input.

Just know that you are not alone.

Take care, Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (11-24-2012)