View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 10:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Frown I have the same problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcrps View Post
I have had regular constipation for the last several months which i am sure is due to the meds - I use Percocet for pain management and about 4 other meds, but think the opiod is the culprit.

This is an unpleasant topic. Sorry. It's the first thread I am creating as a newbie here, so will probably be remembered as the poo poo queen.

Anyway - I have tried the colace, and recently colace (stool softener) plus a peristalsis activator. Still not good.

I am a bit worried about having all that crap building up in my system and straining to get the rocks out.

Sorry to be so graphic.

Does anyone know if this can cause long term issues such as impacted bowels, toxic build up etc?

i do take a whey protein shake which has about 25% daily fiber and lots of really good vitamins like B12 and D which can be a problem for crps-ers. I also drink plenty of water and limit caffeine to 1 cup of coffee - not even daily. I don't take sodas or other caffeine drinks.

I am hoping someone out there can give me some ideas. Would not want to ignore this side effects of meds and find it causes another problem.

Thanks for tolerating this unpleasant post!

Jenny

Hello Jenny,
I know exactly how you feel. I was diagnosed with CRPS in May of this year. I have been on many pain medications as well. I was told by my doctor to try metamucil everyday or use Miralax as much as you can, those two things should help. I have even been to the ER over this and they said water water waterand miralax. I hope this has helped.

Vknusta
Vknusta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote