View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 08:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

If it helps anybody...

I'm off Lyrica. As mentioned somewhere in this thread, I tapered down to 300mg/day, then did 300mg EOD and 150 EOD (slowly cutting the dose on an EOD scheme). Hung out at 150ED for a couple weeks, then just stopped, about 10 days ago.

Biggest problems every time I cut the dose: nerve pain increased, and I picked up what can be described as severe charlie horses in various muscle groups. Charlie horses to the point where visible bruising resulted. The nerve pain was/is annoying: not only the sciatic nerve, but I have a minor nerve impingement somewhere in my pec, causing pain in the base of my right thumb. Basically, any nerve pain at all was greatly exaggerated.

Mentally: not quite sure how to describe the brain stuff. Pretty tired? That's part of it. Another part is maybe detached? Just not too interested in anything, not motivated, not engaged. For example: no sex drive. Everything pretty much works physiologically (erection, orgasm, ejaculation), but I just don't care. Even when I'd try to have sex, or masturbate, my attention might wander, and I'd be done. This sense of detachment applied to everything: those things that normally really interest me, just didn't anymore.

That's starting to change, however. I'm starting to feel some sparks of motivation again.

I might have tapered too fast for some, but I made a decision based on what I know about my mind and body. It was psychologically important for me to successfully put this drug behind me on this timetable.

I wish anybody going through getting off this drug - or any other drug - nothing but the best. Stay strong, stay focused, and stay determined.
LyricaBob is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote