View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 08:32 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

In my opinion you should seriously consider a new Dr. if it is possible. I would look for one that will really listen and work with you to address the often many symptoms a PCS suffer can feel. Some of what you are feeling can very well be a result of vestibular injury.

If your Dr is only willing to prescribe pain meds and rest then that forces you into being the managing role for your injury. I know from experience that this is a near impossible role for a lay person to do. I only started making real headway when I got my GP involved to coax the neurologist to give me the referrals that would address my health issues.

Mark in Idaho is dead on with the icing. I have used narcotics from the onset put ice has been more effective in dealing with neck and back pains. When those are addressed my headaches are lessened. It can not be stressed enough to get the proper rest in your recovery.

Too much stimulation has been the downfall way more posts than is healthy. Quiet rest is best, very low physical, mental, visual and auditory stimulation. Yes this means you may have to adjust your goals and timelines. But ask yourself how long do you want your recovery to last. Would it be so bad if things got put on hold for a short time.

Trying to do too much with PCS is akin to running a marathon on a broken leg.

To see the divine in the moment.
rmschaver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ShannEL (12-16-2012)