Thread: Remission
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 03:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
But for me the process of remission has sometimes been as overwhelming and equally confusing as the process towards decline.
I can understand that, but your course has been overall unusual.

altering improvement and worsening give a sense of instability. whereas remission gives a sense of recovery.

I believe that the first few weeks or months of remission are confusing and require re-adjustment. It takes you time to realize that you can truly do everything just like you did before.

If during that period you have another relapse, it may be overwhelming and even more confusing.

I am also not sure that you have a true remission and not just the ups and downs of this illness and the beneficial effects of medications (even if only mestinon).

I can tell you that some of my tests were done during what I thought was a very good period (as I compared them to less good times and probably forgot what being truly normal was) and the results were very far from remission.

On the day I had my cardiorespiratory test, I asked my pulmonologist if we should not postpone it as I am going through a very good period. He said that quite the opposite he wants me to do it when I am able to exercise without having breathing difficulties after the first few steps.

I asked a similar question before my sleep study and more elaborate respiratory evaluation. I was told that if there is a problem it will be detected even if I am doing relatively well.

The results of both tests was in the range of 30% of normal.
And the effort required to do them brought me to the edge of my ability and the need for a few days of recovery.
alice md is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alan53 (11-26-2012), Anacrusis (11-28-2012)