Thread: Remission
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 04:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you for a very interesting read. I plan on looking deeper into the links that were posted tonight or tomorrow when I have a bit more time. I think Alice nailed it in saying people tend not to visit when things are going well.

As for me I have not checked in for a bit here. I did finally give up on the short term dream of running the Disney Marathon in January. I was in a bit of denial and I think in many ways trying to prove to others I was not going to lose this battle. I still plan to get back out there running but the goal is now long term and I will take it week by week if not day by day at times.

I have seen almost complete recovery in my vision. After 7 weeks of constant 24/7 double vision I am now seeing single 95% of the time. I still however find my arms and hands fatigue really quickly and my legs while a bit stronger than the arms are also fatigued easily. Both are improved quite a bit from my low point of October 1st. I am able to do most anything around the house as long as I use common sense and do not try and be a hero.

The neuro has approved me doing some running but has limited it to 30 second to one minute run intervals with a walk between each until I feel I have recovered enough to run/jog again. I have been out for as long as 2.5 miles now. Next weekend I will try a 5K run/walk for arthritis just to keep me moving and if I land walk the whole way so be it.

I hate taking all the drugs. I am now up to 1500mg of mycphenolate daily. (bumped to 2000mg on the 26th.) 80mg of prednisone every other day, mestinon 60% every 3 hours, with mestinon timespan overnight. I am trying to take less of the mestinon during the day many days only taking it 3 to 4 times as I feel the need. The side effect have been minimal the worst being insomnia and my BP has been all over the map on both the high and low ends at times.

I thank you all for the guidance and advice I have gotten here. I have been able to walk into my docs office with knowledge and the ability to ask the right questions and I am thankful to have a neuro that seems to respect I have done my homework and respects what I have to say. It does not hurt to have my wife who is an RN sitting with me at my appointments.
rogerm213 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alan53 (11-26-2012), Anacrusis (11-24-2012)