Thread: Remission
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 05:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice md View Post
I am also not sure that you have a true remission and not just the ups and downs of this illness and the beneficial effects of medications (even if only mestinon).
Yes most likely not a true remission.....

What is strange is that since May 2011 none of the smaller relapses have ever been able to deter extremely gradual improvement in, as you say, overall muscle endurance, and slowly increasing activity levels and this improvement already started well before my first trial doses of Mestinon which I also haven´t taken since last Wednesday.

I admit the type of breathing problems on airplanes starting this summer do make me aware of possible overlapping levels of myasthenic activity. Nevertheless even this new addition is not altering the overall direction of the curve towards increasingly normal day to day functioning. (I could quite easily draw a graph)

Who wants to go through a neuro or pulmonologist visit whilst´asymptomatic´when it´s already hard enough turning up with severe symptom manifestations! But I see, in certain instances a pulmonologist might just provide the´cinematic´technique needed to better capture myasthenic weakness than the´snapshot´attitude of some neurologists, which I know can sometimes fall short.

Thank you for sharing your professional opinions

Last edited by Anacrusis; 11-25-2012 at 04:53 AM. Reason: Funny comments no longer relevant...
Anacrusis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alan53 (11-26-2012)