View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 11:02 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Terry,

Most people think of periodontal disease as only gum related. That's because it is mistakenly referred to as gum disease and usually the dentist does not offer any further explanation. The fact is that when a tooth has lost a moderate amount of the surrounding support system ... referred to as long term bone loss... the root of the tooth becomes fragile due to the lack of support and vulnerable to bacteria and tooth decay. These teeth often die without showing initial symptoms and this only leads to more build up of bacteria. This is a good example of why teeth in a guarded to hopeless condition should be removed before the root planing procedure and before the bacteria spreads any further.

You are welcome for the information. We are here to help!
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by terravue View Post
Yes Bryanna,
That would be a good idea, someone who can lay it all out, my dentist is really nice and he knows I have been through a lot so he may have been like that initially with me because of that and then I didn't see him so much as the different hygienists.

He did work on the night guard and sent it back to the lab because it had a really big part that stuck out and I think they ground it down too much and because my teeth weren't slamming against each other anymore I thought it was better. Now it needs to be built back up again!

Thank you very much , you do have a good explanatory manner. I wasn't really thinking in terms of the actual tooth being bad as I was about the gums and kept thinking if the infection in the gums could be eradicated then it would be all right.

Appreciate your help, Terry
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote