View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 11:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Bryanna,
You certainly know a lot. for sure I always said "my teeth are fine it's the gums that are the problem" up to today. Makes me wonder if all that root planing actually made this infection worse, though it doesn't matter because it was there anyway. I had some help with deep pockets closing up with the injectible antibiotic so I actually had them put some in that #2 tooth last week but it just got worse with the radiating pain. They did tell me it was a last ditch effort and when I called to say it was worse they made an appt. with the oral surgeon to have it pulled. when I asked for oral antibiotics again instead of having it pulled they probably should have said it was worthless and I wouldn't have had this week of horrible pain waiting for the antibiotics to work when they really have no chance of working at this point.
Just posting more background info in case any body needs this info. thanks, Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Terry,

Most people think of periodontal disease as only gum related. That's because it is mistakenly referred to as gum disease and usually the dentist does not offer any further explanation. The fact is that when a tooth has lost a moderate amount of the surrounding support system ... referred to as long term bone loss... the root of the tooth becomes fragile due to the lack of support and vulnerable to bacteria and tooth decay. These teeth often die without showing initial symptoms and this only leads to more build up of bacteria. This is a good example of why teeth in a guarded to hopeless condition should be removed before the root planing procedure and before the bacteria spreads any further.

You are welcome for the information. We are here to help!
Bryanna
terravue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote