Thread: Remission
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 07:20 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
According to the medical literature spontaneous remissions occur in about 10% of the patients and can last for quite a few years. Another 30-40% (or even more) will have remission with treatment. So, that is quite a lot of people.
That sounds like a lot of people….

Quote:
She's the only person I know who has had a TRUE remission, although I am sure there are a few other lucky ones. It's nice to know it's possible, but the likelihood of it actually happening is pretty remote.
That would sound like only a few….

30 years, huh? Interesting…and how nice for her! ...Thanks for sharing, 4-eyes.

I suppose spontaneous is not necessarily the same as true remission??

I wouldn´t be at liberty to say I was in a true remission from MG as I have a suspected and not a true diagnosis!
And what exactly would I be in remission from then? SDMG? - (self diagnosed MG?!!!)

The feeling of limb muscles gradually regaining normal functional levels and being able to do increasingly more in the space of an 18 month period is a happy feeling of selective remission - regardless of what 2013 brings. And on top of that the increasing ability to deal with and multitask between fluctuations/remissions whilst maneuvering between suitable and unsuitable medical practitioners/diagnoses/medications and all the confusion that that can bring must somehow lead to the acquisition of some extraordinary new life skills that can be applied to all areas of life as an added bonus

Quote:
Everyone is so different, and we all deal in our own ways.
So very true!
Anacrusis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alan53 (11-26-2012), wild_cat (11-25-2012)