View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 12:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Desperately Need Help

Hey there. I'm new to this forum and I've never done something like this before but I'm desperate at this point. Let me give you a little back story.
I'm female, 19, and have had vertigo since I was born. I was diagnosed when I was three and they didn't do much about it but give me meclizine. The dizzy spell episodes stopped when I was 12. So I had been good since. I also had a sleep test done and they saw "unusual activity" on one of my lobes indicating seizure activity but I've never consciously had a seizure.
Lets skip to the issue. Last year, probably in march I slipped down some pressure treated wood steps and whacked my back and neck/ head on about 3-4 of them. I was diagnosed with a concussion, but my ct scan was clear. For about 2 months I was fine. Then I started getting a slew of migraines that would last days. Only sleep could cure them. Then shortly after I would get awful back and neck pain. I saw a neurologist and he told me to go to physical therapy which didn't do much at all. He also put me on topiramate to prevent the migraines but that didn't work well obviously. I have seen a chiropractor and it helps somewhat but I can no longer afford it. This pain is debilitating. I work as a cashier at a Petco store and every day I cry and force myself out of bed to go to work in pain, where I bend over, lift things, and angle myself painfully to clean cages. If I can't get a cure for this I'm going to have to quit my job.
Other side notes are that I had diarrhea for a long period of time (about 4 months) every day multiple times a day which is very unusual for me. I've also had more recent ct scans and X-rays of my head and back/neck which showed nothing. The pain is hard to cope with because I have stomach ulcers as well so I can't take any pain killer. I can only take the percocet my gastroenterologist prescribed me, and I can't take that on the days I work so I suffer in agony instead.

If anyone has any ideas or questions please feel free to post or ask. I'm at a loss. I have an appointment with a new neurologist at mass general on December 30th but honestly I can't imagine living like this for that much longer. It's been about 6 months that I've been in this pain and I just feel so defeated everytime a doctor tells me nothing is wrong with me.
Rebekahleigh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote