View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 02:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

At our local Health store there are naturopathic doctors that give B12, B6, B1 and other shots. I was getting them probably once a month for a year or so, and in September when the discomfort started, I thought I was deficient because signs of deficiency of B6 and B12 can be neuropathy, so i just assumed i was low and got the shots every 2 weeks. I was also taking the supplements but thought i was just peeing them out since they are water soluble. I even told my whole story to the Naturopathic doctor and he thought the B12 and B6 would help.

My B6 came back 206. upper limit is 120. My B12 was 1400!! Upper limit is 800. I was having severe neuropathic pain, cramping, couldn't sleep because of the pain, and very irritable for almost 2 months. When my levels were drawn I hadnt had a shot in a week and a half because i was in costa rica, and wasnt really taking my supplements on my trip. I can only imagine what my true levels were when i was having my most severe nerve pain. And right after injections.

The tingling and discomfort in my legs is lessening everyday, I can tell my levels are dropping. Im going to call my doctor tomorrow and find out when she wants me to be re-drawn. My last levels were drawn 2 weeks ago and I stopped all supplements a week and a half ago.
Suffered a TBI with PCS on April 25th 2011 from multiple blows to the head from falling, unconscious for 12 hours with no memory of event. Hit the back of my head, and above right eye. MRI and CT negative. Symptoms included constant headaches (migraine, pressure, tension, icepicks), dizziness, tinnitus, visual changes, photophobia, fatigue, "spacing out", word finding difficulties, depression, and emotional lability.
Began Healing in November 2011 after starting acupuncture and Healing Touch (a nurturing energy therapy that promotes relaxation and pain relief). I went back to work in February 2012. Ive been symptom free since July 2012. Very happy, positive, energetic and working out every day, doing yoga, and living a normal life again!
I also began taking Healing Touch classes in November 2011 and completed 5 Levels of Healing Touch Certificate Program that included a 1 year mentorship to become a Healing Touch International Practitioner in June 2013. I am so pleased to offer this wonderful healing therapy to my patients, friends, and clients.
nightnurse30 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote