View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 10:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you for the support! You are too sweet!
I am having a rough time lately, I feel like my reflex sympathetic dystrophy is getting worse and worse.
I have been majorly misunderstood by a friend who thinks that I should not take any medication for pain... and I am so upset over the situation.
I am on narcotics, antidepressants and anticonvulsants, all to help with the pain. I know that Lyrica is working for me, and it makes me hope that with an increased dose I might get more pain relief.
It has been pure hell for me lately, and I am in such severe pain. I try and not show it to anyone around me, but it is so hard to live with all this pain.
Does anyone have ideas on explaining to a friend why you take meds when you have chronic pain?
Thank you so much everybody for the hugs and kind kind words! Idealist~ hey that sounds like a great idea about setting goals. I will have to set teeny goals because of my pain and limitations.
Thank you so much, everyone. I really was helped. And thank you SO much, sadlyme and Janet and Idealist. You all were a great help and I can't thank you enough. I can use your prayers and support right now, and can you please give me an idea on how to explain to my friend??
Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by KateLynne; 05-01-2007 at 10:34 AM. Reason: I was just correcting some mistakes
KateLynne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote