View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 10:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy-h View Post
Dear KateLynn;

Alcoholics Anonymous did the world a great thing when they coined the phrase, "One day at a time." If I wanted to give myself a super-duper panic attack right now, I would give up that phrase and start dwelling on living the rest of my life, my entire life, my whole life, my whole, entire life in pain. (Ok, I've gotten a pretty good start on a panic attack right now - LOL) But it's true, you must not think about anything but the here and now and do your best to be positive every day. If you find that hard, then there are hundreds of people here who are willing to help you. Just log on and you will get the positive side of life from folks who should be down but are just the opposite. That's what this forum is for - to share ideas, thoughts, concerns and to help each other.

Also, try to keep a regular schedule, try not to sleep all day, etc. Keep as busy as you can, some days are better than others as said by my good friend, Billie.
It's hard, nobody will tell you it's not but as the years pass, you get better at handling it. And, you might have to set limits for yourself and make sure others know them. For example, I don't travel well and my family all understand it. So, if I am unable to attend something, they will know why.

I blamed myself for my pain - like an idiot I don't know why. I have idiopathic PN and I'm not a diabetic so I felt I must have done something else to "get it". Dumb.

Wish I had more to tell you but right now, that's all I can come up with.

Best of Luck,
Nancy-H

A schedule sounds like a good idea, except I think on my real bad pain days I would have to change it a little bit.
Thank you!
KateLynne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote