Thread: antibody test
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Kathie, First, which anti-inflammatory med did you take?

It's possible to have TWO conditions. Or more. MG is not an inflammatory condition.

So, your eye symptoms returned when the anti-inflammatory ran out? Or were you on Mestinon and that ran out? Just trying to be accurate. Do you have a lot of eye strain during the day?

What did the Neuro-Ophthalmologist think of the optic neuritis diagnosis?

When you had that episode where you could barely move your legs, had you done a lot of walking that day or in the past two?

I'm glad you have a couple of doctors who are taking you seriously! N-O's have very specific tests to look for fatigable muscle weakness, which is why they're so great to go to.

This diagnostic journey is tough enough without people treating you poorly! What's seriously funny is that it's often the doctors who need the reassuring while trying to figure this all out.

I have to say that I'm concerned about your episodes of sudden weakness. It would be a good idea to take it as easy as you can until you get diagnosed and treated. If you experience generalized weakness, shortness of breath where you can't take a breath in or out or are unable to swallow, open your eyes or move, you need to dial 911. As long as you know the parameters of this stupid disease, you can take care of yourself. So try not to be scared! But you do have to act quickly if you get really weak.

I'm sorry you've been through so much. I hope you get answer soon. Remember, even if your antibody tests are negative, it doesn't mean you don't have MG. Antibody tests fluctuate and you might test positive at a later date.

Take it easy and try to do something to get your mind off of this.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jana (11-26-2012), pingpongman (11-26-2012), southblues (11-26-2012)