View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 09:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosmother View Post
Hi, Romans8!

How are you doing? It's been 4 weeks since your surgery. Are you feeling better? I know that you have been through it with the blood clot and all...but I saw where you had started P/T. Good for you! 2 1/2 more weeks till my daughter sees Dr Pearl. I'm getting more nervous by the day, but I know it needs to be done. Thanks for your updates
Hi TOSmother,

I was wondering when your visit was coming up so thanks for posting. Will she do surgery the next day or is this an initial discussion only?

I am doing well. The blood clot pain is 90% gone and I really do not think about it except when I take the medicine. I have started PT and the actual exercises are fairly easy and painless. However the after effects are a little rough for me right now and I realize this may take longer than I thought. I may have gone after it too hard too fast but it seems to aggravate the neck, shoulder and arm. However it does not go down into the scappula like it did before. I guess it will take time for nerves that have been hammered for 7+ years to settle down. I also have significant atrophy on that side which is likely contributing. With all that said the pain is much better than pre surgery. I have also started PT on the left side to try and unfreeze my frozen shoulder. This may take a long time.

I am so glad I have found this group. I can only imagine what some of you have been through. It is somewhat comforting to know others have fought through similar circumstances as myself. How is your daughter handling all of this? I will continue to pray for both of you.
romans8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
LosingHope (11-27-2012), Nottherightkindofdr (11-27-2012), tosmother (11-26-2012)