View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 12:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

November Update
Two neuros, a gp and another doc all strongly suspect nerve damage.
I'm on Lyrica three times a day, which is helpful. I have many days of tremendous pain.
The multiple dental surgeries somehow seem to have exacerbated my Sojourns (sp?) Syndrome, which originally was so mild, I wasn't aware I had it. I did have a hx of Lupus though and prior to all of this, was doing very well with that.
This started In April...I had no pain, no fever, no discomfort of any kind at all, but simply asked a dentist to replace an onlay which fell off and the problems associated with that request were outrageous and led to great pain.
Since then, I've had three surgeries, daily pain, thousands of dollars in dental work, have no dental insurance at the moment (it was all used up for the year) , am on daily medication with nasty side effects, my blood pressure has gone through the roof and my blood pressure meds have been quadrupled and I often have to take Percocet and stay home with a heating pad on my face. Oh, and the other day, a cold chill hit that side of my face, and I was in severe pain for approximately ten + hours.

People: Take any dental surgery, large or small, very seriously and the sad truth is your dental professional may not be best qualified or have your best interest in mind. Check, check, re check and check some more.

Last edited by Vowel Lady; 11-27-2012 at 01:03 AM.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote