Thread: new member
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 02:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default new member

I'm frustrated with the medical treatment I'm receiving. I've been treated by a pain management team for the last five months at a well respected west coast hospital. When treatment for my pain started no definitive diagnosis had been given for pain related to a femoral nerve problem. Pain management doctors seemed more interested in treating the symptoms rather than finding the causes. Lyrica (450 mg daily) has been the front line drug in treating the pain and numbness in my leg. Eventually an MR Neurogram showed extreme inflammation of the femoral nerve. Steroid injections were recommended at that point to reduce the inflammation. The first injection did nothing to correct the problem. Recently the symptoms masked by the Lyrica have returned leaving me virtually immobile. I feel as though a neurologist could use the info currently at hand to explore reasons for the swelling and correct the root cause. What is a priority to me doesn't seem to be a priority to my primary care or the pain drs.. I'm considering an ER as a means to receive a second opinion versus the referral process. Is this a viable option to jump start the process?
dadawaagin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote