View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 12:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

On eating right - make no mistake about it, eating the right things helps us heal and feel better in general. However I feel that the real theme here is "Moderation" meaning that eating certain things in moderation is most likely the right way to go.

I was terrified to eat things with B6 in them, or even drink a glass of tap water due to the fluoride content -but I know now these are things that have to be controlled by us through moderation. Meaning, sure, I drink mostly pure bottled water now, but that doesn't mean I can't drink a glass of tap water from time to time, or eat something that has b6 in them. It's true we have to be vigilant about what we eat, but not to the point of stressing ourselves out. I even have a few beers on the weekend sometimes, too. Once again, the key here is moderation - at least for me it is.

The problem is figuring out what is right to eat, since everyone's body is different.

For example, I'm quite sure my PN was indeed caused by Ciprofloxcacin, NOT gluten - but I will eat gluten only in stern moderation and certainly avoid things I know that would be potentially irritable to my PN.

Since the cause of PN is different for each one of us, it's difficult to say what is the best dietary plan, but some basics, such as avoiding "excess" amounts of anything potentially harmful seems wise these days.

Lastly, if we overstress on dietary choices too much we become a bit crazed (I felt that way) and that's not a good thing either. We can't go around living in the world terrified to eat every little thing we did in the past. All we can do is try to make a comfortable and wise dietary lifestyle that fits our own particular health needs.
Jesse M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (11-27-2012), Marie33 (02-04-2013), mrsD (11-27-2012)