Thread: Progression
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 01:13 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Default Progression

How fast has your progression been from the time of your diagnosis?

I've had several people comment on this lately and I don't know how to respond without going into detail....which nobody wants to hear.

I was diagnosed in 2005 but I've probably had MS for the past 20 years. Once I got the dx it explained alot of things that I had just accepted in the past as "weird".

That being said, I really don't feel like I've progressed at an excessive rate. The past 7 years have been difficult and yes, I've probably progressed more during these 7 years than I did during the first 15 but that's kind of par for the course.

I don't seem to have a response for those who say "wow, you've really gone down hill quickly" or "you seem to be getting worse". I know, it's not a nice thing to say to someone with a chronic illness like MS but you'd be surprised at what comes out of the mouths of some folks.

To me, it seems just the opposite. For years I wondered what was wrong and now I have an answer. And an explanation for some of the strange and weird symptoms I'd had for years but just never had an answer for.

Maybe I should just agree with them and say "yes, well, I do seem to be getting worse" and leave it at that. But I don't want to!!
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (11-28-2012), Erika (11-27-2012), Judy2 (11-28-2012), LisaLisa37 (11-30-2012), SallyC (11-27-2012), yeti (11-27-2012)